After graduating as an electrical engineer, doctor of medical sciences, and bachelor of business management, I founded Imagilys, a company specializing in advanced brain imaging, biomarkers, and neurosurgical planning. Through collaborations with research teams at Harvard University, Johns Hopkins Medicine, and Liege University's Coma Science group, I endeavor to bring the most advanced brain imaging techniques from bench to bedside. My efforts have resulted in multiple publications in medical journals and at international conferences, but also in a neuroimaging software, BrainMagix, which has been used on thousands of patients. Having served as a university professor for 10 years, I am now the organizer of Imagilys’ Advanced Clinical Neuroimaging Course, teaching advanced neuroimaging techniques to doctors from all over the world. Through continuing medical education at Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), I am continually at the leading edge of the newest techniques.
- 2005 - Present: CEO and Founder, Imagilys
- 2001-2007: Biomedical Engineer, Department of Radiology (MRI), Saint-Luc University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
- 2001-2005 : Doctor of Medical Sciences (PhD). Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
- 1996-2001 : Electrical Engineer. Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium. Summa Cum Laude
- 1997-2001 : Bachelor of Business Management. Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium. Magna Cum Laude
Continuing Medical Education
- 2015: Neuropsychiatry: A Comprehensive Update - Harvard Medical School
- 2014: Two-Week Multi-Modality Short Course - MGH/Harvard/MIT Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
- 2014: Imaging Biomarkers in Clinical Trials - Harvard Medical School
- 2007: Advanced Neuroimaging Techniques - Harvard Medical School
- 2004: Critical Issues in Tumor Microenvironment, Angiogenesis and Metastasis - Harvard Medical School
Professional Fields of Expertise
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Functional MRI (fMRI)
- Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI)
- Perfusion Imaging
- Image Segmentation
- Neurosurgical Planning
- Neuroimaging Biomarkers
- 2013-Present: Advanced Clinical Neuroimaging Course, Imagilys.
- 2002-2008 : Principles, Techniques and Quality Control in Medical Imaging, Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium.
- 2002-2011 : Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). Inter-university master degree in radiology, Belgium.
Main Publications in International Peer-Reviewed Journals
- Brevers D, Bechara A, Hermoye L, Divano L, Kornreich C, Verbanck P, Noël X. Comfort for uncertainty in pathological gamblers: A fMRI study. Behavioural Brain Research 2015; 278:262–270.
- Hermoye L, Lemaire JJ, Laureys S. Neuroimaging of Patients with Disorders of Consciousness: from Bench to Bedside ? Editorial for Future Neurology 2013; 8:601-603.
- Lemaire JJ, Cosnard G, Sakka L, Nuti C, Gradkowski W, Mori S, Hermoye L. White matter anatomy of the human deep brain revisited with high resolution DTI fibre tracking. Neurochirurgie 2011; 57:52-67.
- Habre-Hallage P, Hermoye L, Gradkowski W, Jacobs R, Reychler H, Grandin CB. A manually controlled new device for punctuate mechanical stimulation of teeth during functional magnetic resonance imaging studies. J Clin Periodontol 2010;37:863-72.
- Jankovski A, Francotte F, Vaz G, Fomekong E, Duprez T, Van Boven M, Docquier MA, Hermoye L, Cosnard G, Raftopoulos C. Intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging at 3-T using a dual independent operating room-magnetic resonance imaging suite: development, feasibility, safety, and preliminary experience. Neurosurgery 2008; 63:412-424.
- Zhang J, Evans A, Hermoye L, Lee SK, Wakana S, Zhang W, Donohue P, Miller MI, Huang H, Wang X, van Zijl PC, Mori S. Evidence of slow maturation of the superior longitudinal fasciculus in early childhood by diffusion tensor imaging. Neuroimage 2007; 38:239-247.
- Hermoye L, Saint-Martin C, Cosnard G, Lee SK, Kim J, Nassogne MC, Menten R, Clapuyt P, Donohue P, Hua K, Wakana S, Jiang H, Van Zijl PC, Mori S. Pediatric diffusion tensor imaging: normal database and observation of the white matter maturation in early childhood. Neuroimage 2006; 29:493-504.
- Hermoye L, Laâmari-Azjal I, Cao Z, Annet L, Lerut J, Dawant B, Van Beers BE. Liver Segmentation in Living Liver Transplant Donors: Comparison of Semiautomatic and Manual Methods. Radiology 2005;234(1):171-178.
- Hermoye L, Annet L, Lemmerling Ph, Peeters F, Jamar F, Gianello P, Van Huffel S, Van Beers BE. Calculation of the renal perfusion and glomerular filtration rate from the renal impulse response obtained with MRI. Magn Reson Med 2004;51:1017-1025.
Comprehensive list of articles via Pubmed
Main Communications at International Conferences
- Hermoye L, Gradkowski W, Schmansky N, Kapsas G, Katsaros V, Fischl B. Neuroimaging Biomarker Software for Alzheimer’s Disease. RSNA, Chicago 2016.
- Hermoye L. Neuroimaging: A Window into the Brain. State Visit of Their Majesties the King and the Queen of the Belgians to Japan. Tokyo 2016.
- Hermoye L, Gradkowski W, Schmansky N, Granberg T, Katsaros V, Fischl B. Neuroimaging Biomarker Software for Multiple Sclerosis. RSNA, Chicago 2015.
- Hermoye L. Advanced Imaging Techniques in Brain Tumors. State Visit of Their Majesties the King and the Queen of the Belgians to Poland. Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw 2015.
- Hermoye L, Tshibanda L, Di Perri C, Katsaros V, and Laureys S. Multimodal imaging of disorders of consciousness. ECR, Vienna 2015.
- Hermoye L, Tshibanda L, Gradkowski W, and Laureys S. Biomarkers for Disorders of Consciousness. 3rd Wellcome Trust Scientific Conference on Biomarkers for Brain Disorders: Challenges and Opportunities, Cambridge 2015.
- Hermoye L. Neuroimaging Biomarkers in Psychiatric Disorders. 3rd Wellcome Trust Scientific Conference on Biomarkers for Brain Disorders: Challenges and Opportunities, Cambridge 2015.
- Hermoye L, Gradkowski W, Katsaros V, Schmansky N, Fischl B. Quantitative Imaging Biomarker Software for Neurological Disorders. RSNA, Chicago 2014.
- Hermoye L, Tshibanda L, Gradkowski W, Katsaros V, Vanhaudenhuyse A, Laureys S. Functional MRI of Patients with Disorders of Consciousness. ESNR, Frankfurt 2013.
- Hermoye L. Neuromarketing. Symposium Neuroradiologicum, Bologna 2010
- Hermoye L, C. Saint-Martin, Mori S, Wakana S, Menten R, Lee S-K, Kim J, Clapuyt P, Cosnard G. Pediatric DTI Database for Characterization of Normal Brain Development and for Radiological Diagnosis of Anatomical Abnormalities. ISMRM, Miami 2005
- Hermoye L, Grandin CB, Lee SK, Cosnard G, Mori S. Quantitative assessment of the white matter maturation in young children. ISMRM Workshop on Methods for Quantitative Diffusion MRI of Human Brain, Lake Louise 2005
- Hermoye L, Annet L, Lemmerling P, Peeters F, Van Huffel S, Van Beers B. Measurement of renal perfusion and glomerular filtration rate with MRI and a deconvolution method. ISMRM, Toronto 2003.
Honors & Awards